Mark,
thank you very much. Really appreciate your help on this forum.

The google code search doesnt seem to bring out the 4.0 code. At lease
on my initial search. For instance the contact provider implementation
doesnt seem to match what is there in the API docs.

I will check again. may be i am missing something on code search.

Also I am glad to know, if that is going to be really true, that the
online browsing may be coming back soon.

again thanks a bunch
Satya

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Satya Komatineni
> <satya.komatin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is really frustrating try to see/get android source code on windows.
>>
>> Previously this is fine with the online browsing as the repositories
>> were available for online browsing.
>
> Use Google Code Search, at least for the next five weeks.
>
>> Anyways, I have downloaded git on windows.
>>
>> I dont need to compile on windows. I just want to download a
>> repository to see the source for clarification,
>>
>> I will seriously appreciate if some can answer the following questions:
>>
>> 1. is there a new git URL that I can use the git clone on?
>
> There never was just a single git URL, AFAIK. You use the repo command
> in Cygwin to download a whole boatload of repositories.
>
> Instead, clone:
>
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest
>
> Look at default.xml. It contains a bunch of elements like:
>
> <project path="packages/apps/Email" name="platform/packages/apps/Email" />
>
> The path appears to be relative to
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform, so you can then clone:
>
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Email
>
>> 2. How can I see a list of repositories that could comprise android?
>
> I think that page was lost when the GitWeb interface was taken down.
>
>> 3. Can I clone one of these repositories with just git?
>
> See my answer to #1.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy