We are working on an application to view documents for Android.  So
our main Activity registers an intent filter to be the default viewer
for that document type.  Below is an example of how we register a
filter.

<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"></action>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"></category>
<data android:mimeType="application/pdf"></data>

After installing our application you can select "Preview" in gmail
with a document attachment to use our viewer to view the file.

However after uninstalling our application selecting "Preview" on the
same document you previously viewed with our viewer causes gmail to
crash with the message below.  But attachments that had not previously
been viewed with our viewer opened correctly with the default HTML
viewer.

“Sorry! The application Gmail (process com. Google.android.gm) has
stopped unexpectedly."

So far we have been unable to track this one down any ideas?

Thanks