Hi all,
 Now i am able to access internet in the emulator..
just needed to change the insert command....99 to 111

adb.exe shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.providers.settings/
databases/ settings.db "INSERT INTO system VALUES
(111,'http_proxy','ipaddress:portno');"

But still their is a problem with the Gmaps...
in the DDMS...i get...
LocationManagerService    isProviderEnabled got exception

any one can please suggest on this....
Thank you for the response....