Hi All,

I'm not sure of the terms/terminology to use so my searches to date have need unsuccessful

I'm trying to create a notification system that can be triggered remotely.

concept:

A file is changed or created within a specific folder on a web server (ours)

The mobile device, if it has network access detects this change and generates a notification

the user if they wish to can then accept or ignore the notification.

What are the terms?

I can generate a notification right now using the developer guide, by pressing a button so the local side works.
Not sure how to have the device trigger the notification or detect it ?

Thanks in advance