On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Pedro Teixeira
<pedroteixeir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm almost sure the problem is as you mentioned that the camera is
> already in use.
>
> I'm going from an activity that uses the camera (wikitude applicaiton)
> to an activity that still uses the camera (my own).
>
> I'm not sure what are my options here:
> Am I able to continue without releasing the camera or do I have to
> release the camera and then start again?

Unless you want problems (technical or user), activities should
release the Camera in onPause(), or at the very latest onStop(). If
Wikitude is not doing this, and Wikitude is starting your activity,
then you need to talk to the authors of Wikitude.

> Another issue that I'm having is that I can't seem to find any code on
> wikitude demonstration example that starts the camera so I'm not even
> sure how to stop it.

Presumably, they have a support board or email address or something.

> Is there any general or standard mode of doing this? I mean.. release
> the camera independently from which activity I'm on at the moment?

You can only release cameras that you open. If you open in (onStart()
or onResume()), you release it (onPause() or onStop()).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training