Hi all, I think I have a misunderstanding on my part about
localization/resource location that I'm hoping someone can clarify for
me.

So I have a simple layout, which will has an ImageView (will display
just a flag).  I have the following folders/files in my res folder:

drawable/flag.png (the flag of the United Nations)
drawable-de/flag.png (the Bundesdienstflagge of Germany)
drawable-en-rCA/flag.png (the Maple Leaf of Canada)
drawable-fr/flag.png (the French Tricolor).

Here is the layout for my ImageView:
    <ImageView android:id="@+id/flagImage"
               android:layout_width="wrap_content"
               android:layout_height="wrap_content"
               android:src="@drawable/flag200"
            />

Now, I run the app in the emulator.  The first time it runs, the
locale is set to en-US, and I see the flag of the United Nations. This
is what I would expecte as this is the default resource.  Now I change
the locale (via the Default Locale) app in the emulator, and change
the locale to de.  I see the German flag. This is also expected.

Now here is where I'm confused. I change the locale to just en, and
now my app shows the Canadian flag. Should my app not be displaying
the UN Flag?

i.e. is not the localization path/chain as follows for a locale of en:

1. Look for drawable/en folder (not found)
2. Use the default resources in drawable

TIA for any help.

--
http://www.opgenorth.net