I looked at another two projects that use a different library and I
have a different problem that is new, as I had recently built this and
put it on the market:
R cannot be resolved to a variable

For this line:
case R.id.clear_menu:

I have the ids defined in the library, as they are shared for both
projects, and this used to work.

So, I think the fact that I am not copying the res files from the
library to the actual projects may be the problem, which to me seems
to be a bug.