I apologize I understand this is a more advance list but I don't know
where else to turn

This is my first android program ever I usually code in python... I've
watch a ton of java tutorials but Java is so different  I'm having
trouble ...so here is what I need to do... I have my Main class and it
collects user input  and returns the variable public string username
and public string password then I have a gps Class and it return the
variable public double longitudes and public double latitude... in
python I would make these global variable(ie self.username ... etc )
collect the data into in a method and send it to the server in mysql
format... I have a new class  and Its called GetdataandSend

public calss GetdataandSend(){
I want to collect the variables from my Main Class and gps class
store the variables and then send to the server the data (using Mysql
fomat)
}

Do I have to use a bunch of classes or is it possible to use top down
coding while Im new since this app is relatively simple I getting the
user name, password and longitude and latitude and every 15 seconds or
onResume send that to my (Mysql db)php server ...can some one point me
in a direction of some tutorials or examples of this ... thanks