What I'm getting at is: resource loading is based on quantized, not actual,
density, so if the device's manufacturer decided to report 240 dpi, it's
going to be drawable-hdpi.

I don't have one of those, but would assume that the screen size in dp's is
also bit larger than the usual 533x320 dpi (that's 800x480 divided by 1,5),
so the same hdpi images look a bit smaller, relative to the screen.

If so, then it's the device manufacturer's decision (remember the Dell
Streak? the original Galaxy Tab?), so personally, I'd just let it be.

Now if you insist on doing something different for those devices.... there
are resource qualifiers for screen size in pixels....

... but they are very much not supposed to be used anymore, or maybe never
were (Dianne Hackborn once wrote they were a mistake).

So if you really need those, search the archives, and don't tell anyone you
heard about them from me :)

-- Kostya