On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM, John Davis <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I would think it is possible, but not in this version. Its possible
> to set all line items to the same value.  However, its not possible to set
> the colors on a case by case value using the provided api.

Yes it is. Please stop blaming the platform for your lack of understanding
it. I already explained how you can create a data-model that holds the
unique color per item that you then set on the View.

But the api does not allow you to set a tag outside this code so that the
> routine can change the text color based on the tag.

Yes it does. But using the Tag property to achieve this is overkill and
ugly anyway.

> If you try to get this data, it raises an exception.

No, if you don't know how to use this function and use it incorrectly, then
it raises an exception.

At this point I have to suggest to you that you take a step back, get
yourself a good book, and review the documentation thoroughly and go
through the samples. You are apparently confused about a number of things
with how the adapters work and are not going to get anywhere until you
understand what they are and how they work.

Good luck.