Why? Because the Wikipedia entry on the topic just is not that good.
In fact, MOST of the sites that show up in a Google search for MVC are
just not that good.

The only sites I found on the topic that are good are: 1) apple
developer sites on it and 2) IBM developer works. (in the developer
works search field, enter "model view controller java"). 3) Ward
Cunningham's Wiki on Patterns: http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?ModelViewController

So I suggest instead of just Googling "mvc" or "model view controller"
he should narrow things down to the good stuff with "apple developer
mvc". The article in "Cocoa Design Patterns" is particularly good,
though several others are also well worth reading.

Everything I have read in the Apple Developer Library concerning MVC
is quite applicable to Android -- and MUCH better written than
anything in the Android documentation. Let me repeat that: MUCH better
written.

Once you have read a few of these sites, you will understand the
pitfalls of the point of view that "In most cases, I think, you are a
mere user of MVC implemented by
Android SDK." If you are a naive user of the SDK classes, and are not
very aware of what the MVC pattern is, then you will make mistakes in
applying it despite the design of the classes, and you will NOT
benefit from the 'pattern-ness' of the MVC pattern.

A classic example of how to fail to benefit from the pattern-ness is
shown in Lecture 1.pdf of Stanford University's CS193 course on iPhone
programming, which shows both how to do it and how NOT to do it. It is
available from iTunes University, free. Again: everything in that
lecture concerning MVC is just as applicable to the Android SDK. Even
the name changes are slight.