Every time the phone is unplugged from USB, the logcat is permanently
corrupted in that the when the phone is reconnected, logcat does not
reestablish.  Restarting an app, either in debug or run mode produces
zero logcat output after that point.  Closing the logcat window view
and reopening it has no effect.  The only solution is to quit and
restart Eclipse.  Therefore, I must quit and restart Eclipse every
time I take my phone with me and then later return.

I've been having this problem since day one with Android development,
three years ago.  In that time I have installed new versions of
Eclipse and numerous updates to the Android SDK and Eclipse plugin.
Nothing has ever improved the situation w.r.t. this bug.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.