Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am implementing a sort of authentication
where the user has to authenticate every time they reenter the app,
but not if they are already in the app browsing around to different
activities. You mention that each activity should be independent;
however, I have to ping a server to see if the the user's token is
still good before asking to auth, so if each activity is independent
then this ping would happen every time an activity opens within the
app causing a delay in usage. Also, we have a timeout on the auth to
make it stale after so long, but we also need it to immediately be
stale when the app exits as per our requirements for this app.

Tony