Hi,

I have a Motorola Xoom and a Sony S exhibiting this behavior. Both
running Android 3.2.

I have Activity A and Activity B. Activity A handles UI, Activity B
handles the Android MediaPlayer. Activity A launches Activity B with a
startActivityForResult.

I have a requirement to assume that the power button press means
"close the player and return to the UI" so I do a finish() in
Activities B's onPause() since it is handling the MediaPlayer. So
during playback, I press the power button and press it again to wake
up the screen and I notice my whole app restarts. I put some logs in
and I'm seeing this:

ActivityA: onDestroy
ActivityB: onDestroy
ActivityA: onActivityResult

I'm left scratching my head. If I call a finish() on Activity B,
shouldn't it be popping that Activity alone off the application stack?
Even doing a setResult(RESULT_OK) before the finish() doesn't help.
How is Activity A being popped off before Activity B as the parent?

Any suggestions on how to debug this problem would be greatly
appreciated.