A content provider would have nothing much to do with it.

If you wish to upload files, upload them. If you wish to download
files, download them. There is nothing in the Android SDK that is a
"sync this directory of stuff with this online counterpart". I'm not
even aware of a third-party solution for that, though I seem to recall
there was some work going on for a git client library.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Ab Caballero <a...@mac.com> wrote:
> I have an application that stores files to the SD card of the device.
> If I want to sync that data with the google cloud, do i need to write
> a content provider, or is there some other way to share the data?

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!