Thanks for that link!  It says there in section 6.3 that:

Using the above definitions, device implementations SHOULD exhibit
each of these properties:
• cold output latency of 100 milliseconds or less
• warm output latency of 10 milliseconds or less
• continuous output latency of 45 milliseconds or less
• cold input latency of 100 milliseconds or less
• continuous input latency of 50 milliseconds or less

which would be fine for me (continuous input latency).  So I guess my
no-name Chinese tablet is non-conforming, having a latency of around
360 msec.!