1. As far as I can tell, you're trying to create a new raw contact with
   an account name and account type set to null. This is a bad idea, even
   though it will work. The Contacts Provider depends on raw contacts having a
   particular account type and account name; these indicate the source of
   information that's synced with cloud-based services. It's assumed that your
   app has some non-null value for these. For account type, come up with a
   namespace that's unique for your application; for account name, use a
   string that identifies the device's user.
   2. I'm not sure what you mean by Contact List, but if you're looking for
   your results in the People app, then the problem may be that you're
   assuming the entries are raw contacts. They're not. When you add a raw
   contact, the Contacts Provider automatically generates a new Contact behind
   the scenes. The People app lists contacts, not raw contacts. Your timing
   may be off. If you're concerned that your raw contact isn't being created,
   write tests in the code to verify that your insert worked.
   3. I can help you more if I can find out more about what you're trying
   to do with your app. The People app can already add raw contacts with
   photos. What is it you're trying to do that's different?