I have an ImageView defined like so:

                <ImageView android:id="@+id/im_delete"
                                   android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                                   android:layout_height="40dp"
                                   android:background="@null"
                                   android:src="@drawable/delete"
                                   android:scaleType="center"
                                   android:layout_weight="1"/>

The "delete" drawable is a 60x60 png with a roughly 28x28 white X in
its center; the rest of the png is transparent. When this view
appears, the white X appears scaled (larger than original). This looks
ugly. Is there any way to prevent this scaling? What is causing it?

I have tried to follow Mark's suggestion here (drawable-nodpi folder),
but unfortunately, it didn't work:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/a9e29f9688863a92

I have tried android:background="@null" and android:scaleType="center"
and android:src, according to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2406172/android-how-to-prevent-image-from-being-scaled-in-imageview-or-imagebutton

Still no dice. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.