I've had two reports (confirmed with screen shots) from users on
Android 4/Galaxy Nexus that map overlays go missing in my app as the
zoom level is increased. The same code works fine on my own Galaxy
Nexus (and in other devices/OS versions).

Interestingly, both users report that tracks recorded in the Google
MyTracks app also disappear at higher zoom levels on their devices.

The overlay simply draws lines on the map as shown below:

private void drawLine(Canvas canvas, GeoPoint fromGeoPoint, GeoPoint
toGeoPoint, Projection projection, Paint paint) {

        Point startPoint = new Point();
        projection.toPixels(fromGeoPoint, startPoint);
        Point endPoint = new Point();
        projection.toPixels(toGeoPoint, endPoint);

        Path path = new Path();
        path.moveTo(startPoint.x, startPoint.y);
        path.lineTo(endPoint.x, endPoint.y);
        canvas.drawPath(path, paint);
}

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this behaviour for some
users but not others?

Many thanks,

Stephen