This article (www.pocketmagic.net/?p=1662) presents some challenges
and possible solutions to the problem of generating a pseudo-unique ID
for a given Android device.  I am particularly interested in the use
of the following Build fields:

  Build.BOARD
  Build.BRAND
  Build.CPU_ABI
  Build.DEVICE
  Build.DISPLAY
  Build.HOST
  Build.ID
  Build.MANUFACTURER
  Build.MODEL
  Build.PRODUCT
  Build.TYPE

For my purposes it is less important that the device ID be absolutely
unique.  It is more important that whatever I use be something that
does not change when the user upgrades to a newer version of Android
or changes cell phone carriers.  Is it possible for any of the fields
listed here to change over the normal lifetime of a device?