Thanks for the clarification on both parts.

Regarding the latter - I did see the capability to override the
functions in Tab.java, however, that implementation path is specific
to the browser only (tab.java).
The functionality that I want to provide would be intended for ANY
activity that contains a webview, not just the browser...i.e. - if I
used the WebChromeClient->Tab.java path, then any activity wanting to
take advantage of this capability would have to implement that same
code in their activity...correct?  If so, that is not ideal for me and
hence why I chose to attain the activity from Webview.java.  Make
sense ?