I've been struggling with this strange problem for quite some time. A
brief summary of the issue is this:

"An ImageView's Drawable in portrait orientation with a certain bounds
set on it, on changing orientation and returning to portrait, does not
retain the set bounds. Instead it reverts to its original bounds. This
is in spite of forcefully setting the explicit bounds on orientation
change. Do note that any bounds that you later set on Click etc are
obeyed."

I worked around this by abandoning the ImageView in favor of a custom
View object and setting the Drawable using drawBitmap() within
onDraw(). But could anyone point out what I was doing wrong in the
ImageView approach?

Links describing the issue in detail:
1) StackOverflow thread - http://stackoverflow.com/q/9237932/570930
2) Sample project illustrating the issue, a debug version which logs
in more detail, and my "solution" involving custom View - Uploaded on
Google Project Hosting -
http://code.google.com/p/android-drawable--invalidation-on-orientation-issue/downloads/detail?name=InvalidateDrawable_2012_FEB_14_01.zip&can=2&q=

Thanks in Advance

Regards,