I just went through this and believe I can help.

It's on the device. It's also in the virtual device, but it's a lot
harder to get at (google UnYaffs)

I tried to use UnYaffs and gave up after a few days, as it did not
compile on my machine (it's C++).

The easiest way is to root your phone. Once your phone is rooted, you
can easily get to your SQLite DB...

adb pull /data/data/com.example/databases/whatever.db .

Then it will be on your computer's drive and you can open it...
Rooting your phone can be a headache, but I found it the easiest way.
JJ