I have one quick question and one maybe not-as-quick question:

1. Will we be able to employ more robust SQL(ite) queries on content
providers with future releases? For instance: joins, distinct, count,
max, etc?

2. Why isn't this possible now? I understand the concept of DB table
abstraction and the reasoning behind it, but why not still provide
some roundabout way of doing these operations (without storing the
content in a local SQLite table, of course)?