The
doco<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Context.html#startService%28android.content.Intent%29>
for
startService states "If this service is not already running, it will be
instantiated and started (creating a process for it if needed); if it is
running then it remains running." I'm finding that each call to
startService appears to be starting a *separate* instance of the service,
in that the work that the service is doing (in my test case, trivially
writing to a new log file) is being done again for each call. I'm trying to
detect the service by looping through ActivityManager...
getRunningServices(Integer.MAX_VALUE)) but it's not showing up. Android
2.3.3 on SGS 11 I'm missing something here.