Also I have tried creating my own ScrollView class but, there are
several member variables that I see being used in the source code on
GIT namely mScrollX and mScrollY, but as far as I know these have been
removed from View going from 0.9 to 1.0, and they are critical to the
functionality of ScrollView as far as I can tell by looking at the
source.

http://code.google.com/android/migrating/0.9-1.0/changes/android.view.View.html