In order to minimise the required security for my apps I would like to
split them into 2: the core app which has effectively no required
permissions, and a manager app which will have internet access/write to
SD/etc permissions.  That way users can happily install the base app
without having to grant anything, but opt into the advanced features with
the manager if they want to.  I'd rather not use the external storage to
store data, so what methods can I use to get information from the core app
to the manager?  It looks like SharedPreferences and SQLite don't allow
access from another app (even one from the same developer).  Storing to
Internal Storage?  Any problems with that?  Links to examples would be
appreciated!