My app is built against the 3.0 SDK (which I think is the equivalent
of android 11 or something like that, I can't keep these numbers
straight) but the manifest specifies merely min sdk 3 and target sdk 4
(3 should be 1.6 if I recall correctly).   I have a phone running
2.3.3. and I have various avds.  If I try to debug the app, Eclipse
can see the phone (it shows a red X instead of a green check which
suggests the phone's OS is lower than some perceived ideal, I'm not
sure what given the manifest settings quoted above), but it runs
nonetheless.  However, Eclipse can't see the avds at all, even though
some of them have exactly the same OS as the phone 2.3.3..  It sees
avds with OS 3, not lower.

How can it see a phone but not an avd with exactly the same OS version
and why is it insisting on such high avd versions for this app?

Thanks.