Hello,
I have use the Autocompletetextview for filter the phonenumber from
list when i press in the Autocompletetextview.My code is given
below...

 ArrayAdapter<String> adapter;
     AutoCompleteTextView txt;

  adapter = new
ArrayAdapter<String>(mContext,android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1,getModel());
        txt= (AutoCompleteTextView)((Activity)
mContext).findViewById(R.id.autotxt);
        txt.setThreshold(1);
        txt.setAdapter(adapter);

private List<String> getModel()
    {
     list = new ArrayList<String>();

    Cursor
phones=((Activity)mContext).getContentResolver().query(ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Phone.CONTENT_URI,null,
null,null,null);
    //Cursor phones =
((Activity)mContext).getContentResolver().query(ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Phone.CONTENT_URI,
null,ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Phone.CONTACT_ID +" = "+
contactId,null, null);
    while (phones.moveToNext())
    {
        String phoneNumber =
phones.getString(phones.getColumnIndex(ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Phone.NUMBER));
        String
name=phones.getString(phones.getColumnIndex(ContactsContract.Contacts.DISPLAY_NAME));
        list.add(phoneNumber+"   "+name);
    }
    phones.close();
    return list;
    }

It is work fine....whem i press 5 in  Autocompletetextview  then it
will show me in list like "5002 jagruti".and when i click on that item
then it will fillup in Autocompletetextview.But actually i need that
when i press the 5 then it will show me as "5002 jagruti" and when i
click on that item then it will fillup the  Autocompletetextview  with
the only "5002".i dont want to fillthe  Autocompletetextview  with the
name also.so can anybody know how to extract only number and fillyp
in  Autocompletetextview .because there  is no any event for fillup
the  Autocompletetextview .