Hi.

I try to capture video from the camera, encoding it with the
MediaRecorder and write the output to a LocalSocket.
All works fine, but the encoder seems to write the data into an
internal buffer. The data only gets written to the socket when the
buffer is full or the encoding process is stopped. Depending on the
set up data-rate, the delay between start recording an begin writing
to the socket is up to 20sec.
This delay is not acceptable, because I try to develop a live stream
application.

Does any body know a way to avoid this buffering? Is that issue known?
Maybe it depends on my device? Atrix with Tegra2 => hardware encoder

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Paul