So, I know that the Menu key is going away in 3.0, but I have an optional
feature in mind for pre-3.0 devices.  It relies on detecting a press of the
Menu key, outside of my activities (from the home screen, for example).
I've searched far and wide for a solution, and it seems that the Menu key
can only be detected by using the KeyEvent methods within the Activity
class (onKeyDown, etc).  But those methods only function when the activity
is in focus.

Before I give up on this feature, does anyone have ideas on how it can be
done?  Or let me know if it definitely can't.  Thanks!