I'm working on a USB gadget which is intended to be used with USB Host
(OTG) enabled Android devices. My gadget consumes a fair amount of power
(~30-40mA) and is completely powered by the host. I've been able to power
and control it with my Motorola Xoom (Android version 3.2) but I got one*big
* problem:

Every time the screen goes off, the USB host sends a *suspend* command
which indicates to reduce power consumption to < 2.5mA! When the screen
goes/is on USB gets resumed to normal power.

Since I *absolutely need* to have 'full power' all the time, please help me
and post some hints how I could prevent the USB host to go to suspend mode.
I tried a full wake lock, but it didn't help :(

Thank you in advance