Hello,

I am trying to build a authentication system that will run with my android
phones. I ran into a wonderful blog
http://nelenkov.blogspot.in/2011/12/using-custom-certificate-trust-store-on.html
explaining
how to use the Android X509Certificate.

I wrote the following in a extends AndroidUnitTestCase class

X509Certificate[] certList = xtm.getAcceptedIssuers() ;
for (X509Certificate cert : certList) {
String certStr = "S:" + cert.getSubjectDN().getName() + "\nI:"
+ cert.getIssuerDN().getName();
System.out.println(certStr+"<<"+cert.getPublicKey()+">>") ;
 }

This prints out

S:C=US,O=VeriSign\, Inc.,OU=VeriSign Trust Network,OU=(c) 1999 VeriSign\,
Inc. - For authorized use only,CN=VeriSign Class 4 Public << AND THE PUBLIC
KEY >>

Does the above certificate always ship with Android phones and emulators ?
I am hoping to always use Verisign's cert.getPublicKey to encrypt some of
my data to achieve client authentication. But if Verisign does not ship
with all phones and emulators, I hope to identify a minimal set of
certificates that do ship (for sure). So that I can play with that.

Thanks
Anmol