30.03.2012 15:09, Mark Murphy написал:

Y'know, I had not ever consciously thought about the fact that I
hadn't been seeing the old "WiFi spinup when waking up the device with
the power button" as much as before.

You would have noticed sooner had you been using my stupid little WiFi widget :)

Do you know how we detect this? Or is it purely by OS version? I can't
find anything in the Settings app to control this timeout, and I don't
recall seeing anything in the SDK about it (though it's not like I
have been looking).

The default appears to vary by OS version (and possibly the manufacturer's whims).

According to my sources

( 4.0.1/packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/wifi/AdvancedWifiSettings.java )

the policy is stored under:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.System.html#WIFI_SLEEP_POLICY

From an application's point of view, though, it's just same old ConnectivityManager.getActiveNetworkInfo - the connection is either there and it's WiFi, or it's not.

-- K