Hi,

One possible solution for this can be :

When you broadcast "screen-on"  intent through your code, put an extra
key kind of flag contains is from code and value is true.
So, when you receive this intent and if it contains that flag key it
means that it is sent from program else "screen-on" done by user
manually.

Hope it works !

Thanks & Regards,
Deepchand Singh