I asked a question yesterday but didn't get much guidance (at least not
enough to get me where I need to be), so I figured it would be best to even
know if exactly what I want is possible. I currently have a code that opens
the camera and displays it over 'Preview' onto a SurfaceView. I need to do
some off-android vision processing so, is it possible to extract a frame
from the surfaceview? And if I can extract a frame, what type of variable
would it be stored at? Constantly taking pictures, writing them to a file,
and then sending the image over BT doesn't seem possible.

Thanks in advance!
Taylor