On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:08:06 AM UTC-4, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Bunty syed  wrote:
> > But there are no APIS available in the WifiInfo  to check the security
>
> -- WifiConfiguration tells you what was possible, not what was
> negotiated for this connection

Unless there is something that I am missing, this feels like a hole in the
> API.

A fairly strong argument could be made that application programs should not
care about the difference, ie, if they need secure communication they
should implement encryption at application level, rather than relying on
the network.  Consider for example that the wifi network being encrypted
says nothing about the security of the wired network it is connected to.