am developing an application where I need to start the default music
app and play all the songs. I have tried a number of codes but nothing
seems to work.

 Intent LaunchIntent =
getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage("com.android.music.MediaPlaybackActivityStarter");
startActivity( LaunchIntent );

and

Intent intent = new Intent();
      ComponentName comp = new ComponentName("com.android.music",
"com.android.music.MediaPlaybackActivity");
      intent.setComponent(comp);
      intent.setAction(Intent.ACTION_RUN);
      startActivity(intent);

just starts the music player, but do not play anything. And

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
      Uri u =
Uri.withAppendedPath(MediaStore.Audio.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI,
"1");
      startActivity(i);

Plays just the first song.

I need to play all the songs. Somewhat like when you press the headset
button, and the music starts playing by default from last saved state,
but through code.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.