Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012 13:22:04 UTC+2 schrieb lbendlin:

> your location provider is network. Network means WiFi or cellular.  One of
> the two is on while the device is asleep, and possibly you have another
> application that uses location updates (so you may be getting them
> passively)

I have a strong suspicion that the Google Maps app is the "culprit" here.
When I reboot the phone and check the running services (before even
starting my app), I see that NetworkLocationService of the Google Maps app
is running. That app cannot be uninstalled, btw., at least not on my device
- I can only uninstall updates.

Btw. I have found an solution for my second question here:
https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-locpoll