Sorry for this rant, but I have a number of complaints with the Android
build system I'd like to air.

Firstly thank you Android build system engineers for adding incremental
building to the build system, this is a hard problem and your work here is
appreciated.

Now on to the major issue I just spent the evening debugging:

When you combine eclipse with the command line Ant build you may get
runtime errors in your APK!

If you are using eclipse and it can't build one of your library projects
because the java source has compilation errors Eclipse will go ahead and
make class files anyway! The methods in these class files will be filled
with junk like:

throw new Error("Unresolved compilation problem: \n");

If you then go ahead and build the same project with Ant in the
commandline, the new incremental checks in the Android Ant build script
will see that it is already been compiled, skip that step and use these
class files in the generated APK. Resulting in runtime errors.

Jacob Abrams