According to DDMS, my app leaks about 30 KB every time I quit and
restart it. It may well be that this is caused by context references,
but so far I have been unable to track it down. I think we desperately
need some tool or a straightforward method to know exactly *what* is
leaking *where* from run to run. With a pointer exception one at least
knows *where* things go wrong, which is a great help, but with these
context related memory leakage issues I have a very hard time
isolating the culprits. As a workaround I now still kill my app's
process in onDestroy() to prevent any leak from building up from run
to run, but of course that runs against the spirit of Android. There
is no leaking during a run of my app. So how can one effectively
pinpoint and debug context related memory leaks that build up from run
to run?

Thanks!