1. what do you mean by "open"? do you mean open the file and get file
descriptor in the application?

2. And what all changes do I need to do in playerdriver.cpp,

PlayerDriver::handleSetDataSource( ...)
{

 if (strncmp(url, "rtsp:", strlen("rtsp:")) == 0) {
        mDataSource->SetDataSourceFormatType(PVMF_DATA_SOURCE_RTSP_URL);
    } else if (strncmp(url, "http:", strlen("http:")) == 0) {
        setupHttpStreamPre();
    } else {
        mDataSource->SetDataSourceFormatType(PVMF_FORMAT_UNKNOWN); // Let PV
figure it out
    }

// You mean to say add PVMF_DATA_SOURCE_SDP_FILE in another if ( )
condition? But do i need to change other pvplayer files as well (like in
pv_player_engine.cpp) ?

}