John, mine is different in places.

I come from the bowels of j2me and Symbian development..even have
source code ina dev tol that Nokia, IBM, SonyEricsson, and etc use..

My outlook is that its too expensive to port among mobile platforms
both in time and money.

Thus, my new direction is to develop mobile hybrid apps that use web
code asa base but behave like native apps and can access GPS and etc
using javascript..

The current framework I use is QuickConnect but I also play with
PhoneGap..

The reason I choose Android first is lower  dev out of pocket expenses
and almost free-reign on app approval