Same issue , just the difference is intent type,
(intent.setType("application/*"), because im sending email with attachments
(pdf or zip). But my problem is with the attachment.The Intent.EXTRA_STREAM
read from sdcard.... but after sending the mail i want to delete it from
sdcard. So i used startActivityForResult and onActivityResult i delete that
file from sdcard. Everything works well except the received mail has no
attachment(not even the file name with 0 size). Think the sending process
done by some other thread rather than a UI thread. and the deletion task is
done from the UI thread even before the sending process is complete.