Hi,

This is P B Lal from Pune, I would like to suggest you that create a class by extending Thread in which you should create two button , one for start and other for stop. Always create object of that class and put it in the Linear Layout , in this manner you will not get any issue flag naming or value confusion.

Thanks & Regards
P B Lal