On Jun 6, 2:49 am, Akki <akshay.iitr....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way by which I can get the IP address of
> the other device by just using the phone no.

No.  Not only is there no way to obtain such information by lookup
from the phone number, in most cases the information doesn't exist.

Most consumers use little router / wifi access point boxes with a
feature called network address translation (NAT) which allows all of
the devices in their home, business, or cafe to share the same
external IP address.  These boxes implicitly reject incoming
connections, unless  a special forwarding rule has been set up, or
there is a clear relationship between the incoming traffic and an
existing connection or recent outbound transmission.  They do that not
only for reasons of security, but for the simple reason that without
correlation to something sent outbound or a configured forwarding
rule, the router would not know which local device the traffic was
intended for.

For reasons of both economy and security, the majority of mobile
network providers do basically the same thing within their network
infrastructure - your mobile device simply does not have a unique,
routable external IP address on which it can accept incoming
connections or unsolicited incoming traffic.

> Could you please post some other suggestions for setting up a P2P
> connections??

You will probably end up having to have an intermediate server on the
publicly visible Internet which both mobile devices can connect to.
It may be possible, with a lot of effort to set things up so that the
server can give each device enough dynamic information about the other
that they can subsequently trade packets directly for the remainder of
that session, but server help in setting things up will be needed.
And in many cases with mobiles, I suspect the ultimate data flow
remains mobile-server-mobile rather than directly mobile-mobile.