On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Reddy <devireddy....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kristopher Micinski,
>
> can u please explain me how i can do this using DexClassLoader.
> The usecase is like this.
> 1. Jar files contains some encryption/decryption algorithms.
> 2. Algorithms should not present in the application.
> 3. Need to download at runtime and use it to complete the process.
>
> Also please suggest if you have some alternative solution for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Murali

What happens when someone pulls the code from the vm and extracts your
algorithm, cracks it, and then cripples your decryption strategy?

As I've said before, at the present time, there are limited uses for
DexClassLoader, and (because of the counterexample I just
demonstrated) this isn't a good rationale.

Remember, on a rooted phone, you can no longer assume your code will
stay in isolation, I routinely take the vm and extract running code ..

kris