What are your favorite Android development tutorial apps?  I don't like
most of the Android tutorials I see.  All too often, they don't work or are
explained poorly.  Please post in this thread your favorite tutorials.
There are only a few that I've tried that I would recommend.

The first is Android web site's Hello World app at
http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html : works
without a hitch in Android 2.1

The second is the temperature converter app at
http://androidword.blogspot.com/2010/08/simple-temperature-converter.html
.  It works with Android 2.1.  The only things missing from this tutorial:
1.  The Package Name you enter at the beginning MUST be "de.vogella.android.
tempconvertor".  If it isn't, you get error messages.  (Note that the
Convert.java file has the line "package de.vogella.android.tempconvertor;")
2.  The Activity Name you enter at the beginning MUST be  "Convert".  If it
isn't, you get error messages.  (Note that the Convert.java file has the
line "public class Convert extends Activity {")

The third tutorial I recommend is a simple two-button app at
http://blog.idleworx.com/2011/06/build-simple-android-app-2-button.html .