I am trying to record a video on pressing a button. I am using a
MediaStore Intent to record the video. I cant figure out how to save
the file in mpeg format and display it using a videoview. I would
appreciate it if someone could provide an example. Thanks.

So far my code is like this :

vidRecorder.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
    public void onClick(View v) {
        Intent recorder = new Intent(MediaStore.ACTION_VIDEO_CAPTURE);
        recorder.putExtra(MediaStore.EXTRA_VIDEO_QUALITY, 1);
           startActivityForResult(videoIntent, VIDEO_OPTION);
     }
 });

}
And my onActivityResult function :

protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode,
Intent data) {
    switch (requestCode) {
        case VIDEO_OPTION:
            break;