On Jun 10, 10:43 am, Mjava <mri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about the usage of project app folder inside data/data/
> com.myapp.main in android file system.
>
> For examples like CACHE folder, database folder, lib folder etc...
> inside data/data/com.ayppp.main.
>
> Do people like samsung/htc change or edit those folders and files
> inside according to their requirement or is it promised that it wont
> change and will remain as its in all android versions and devices ?

I would think this should be fairly straightforward:

- A folder whose location you obtain at runtime from one of the formal
java API's should continue to have a functional equivalent, unless
there is a published change in a future API documentation deprecating
the method you used to obtain it.

- but if you assume what the APIs are going to return, or assume
something beyond the scope of the APIs, you are taking a risk

- a folder you create within a folder returned by one of the APIs
should probably continue to work, though some of its possible
properties (mode bits, etc) could conceivably change.